12.11.2009

Christmas Wishes

Every year, it seems to come quicker.  It's here before I know it.  It's all of the sudden nearly mid-December.  Christmas is coming quick this year!  When I (reluctantly) put my tree up this year, I left it bare for a while trying to decide how I wanted it to be decorated this year.  And while it was bare and the pretty white lights twinkled and I really thought I would leave it that way, my eyes turned to the tree skirt.  It needs a pretty little, simple tree skirt made of linen or perhaps burlap.  Then what did my wandering eyes appear, but a simple tutorial for a pretty little ruffled skirt found here.   I think that this would be just right. 

photo from Shanty to Chic


Drop cloths make great curtains according to Layla of The Lettered Cottage.  And cheap too.  After seeing her last bedroom re-do, I'd have to agree.

photo from Lettered Cottage

 I want this room!  I wonder if this room would translate to my tiny little "master" bedroom.  I look at those bookcases and see not only storage, but pretty places to display.  I miss not having room to have any displays.

And since I am yearing for a natural Christmas this year, I saw this banner on Etsy that I thought was beautiful. 
Clever, clever talented people!

1 comment:

the mama monster said...

i saw that tree skirt too. so pretty! and i have a drop cloth project/tutorial on hold because of the holidays but i think you will like it! the room is pretty too. you make me laugh though because everything is brown/natural colored. remember, be bold.

Related Posts with Thumbnails