4.20.2010

made by the mama monster guest post




hi! i'm jackie from made by the mama monster. i'm a stay at home mama to three little boys. they keep me busy, but in my spare time i try to get some crafting in. it seems like the time for crafting is getting fewer and farther between. i like to make things that i can work on with my boys around .short and sweet.

megan asked me to guest post over here at megitys handmade and she pretty much told me i had to do my hedgehog applique. i usually do what people tell me...

supplies-
-some sort of fusible stuff. i love steam a seam. it is a bit more expensive but it is so worth it. you could also use fabric glue, wonder under, whatever.
-fabric and felt
-some embroidery floss
-template


ok, here we go. print off template. i like to do it on cardstock so it holds up well. fuse your fabric to your steam a seam using instructions provided. trace your hedgehog onto the paper side of the webbing. remember that he will be backwards so trace him the way you want him to face ( or use a disappearing marker and trace him directly onto the fabric.)


how easy is that? some visit me over at my place and see some of my other tutorials. thanks megan for inviting me over to your awesome blog.

14 comments:

Stef said...

Thank you so very very very very much. This is so adorable and I just bought plain onesies yesterday, so I'm set!

Kristy said...

Thanks for sharing! So cute!!!

Kem said...

mama monster you are a rock star. love this

hope said...

this is adorable! i've got a nephew on the way -- can't wait to try this out for him!

Anne said...

Oh! He's so CUTE!! I linked to your tutorial over at Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/template-and-tutorial-hedgehog-applique/2010/04/20/

--Anne

Tara said...

I love this! Book marking it!

Meg said...

I love the look of this shirt..adorable. Thank you for the great tutorial :)

Jax @ AlyandAsh said...

LOVE IT! I can't wait to make some!

Zarinaia said...

Oh! He's so CUTE!! Can i link your tut on my blog?
thanks

Eleonora

Kristina said...

Cute! One question.....what is your best suggestion to keep fabric from fraying?

the mama monster said...

kristina- i like the frayed look so i don't worry about it to much. using the fusible webbing ( aka wonder under) helps. you can also dab some fray check around the edges. there are ways to have a clean edge in applique. you just make the pattern bigger and fold the ends toward the back. that involves lots of ironing and clipping though.

thanks everyone for your sweet comments.

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Oh My goodness - This is too cute! I just adore the hedgehog! Would love to have you stop by the Sunday Showcase Party if you get a chance ~ Hope you are enjoying your weekend! This is simply adorable! Thanks for the tutorial!

J. said...

I made it. I love it! Here's my version: http://onenapcrafts.blogspot.com/2010/04/hedgehog-applique.html.

Anonymous said...

I used your cute little hedgehoc for an applique, matching the 'pink forest' theme of a friend's babyroom!

http://creadientje.wordpress.com/2011/09/11/knuffeldoekjes/

Related Posts with Thumbnails