4.08.2011

Let's Make that Pleated Flower for the Birds Tutorial

If you aren't familiar in how to make these pleated circle flowers, let's take a quick minute to show you how.  They are super simple and fun to make in all sizes, colors and mediums.  Mmmkay, here we go:

Step 1:  Locate your 1/2" x 12" strip.  Got it?  Good!  Phew, that was the hard step!  I kid, I kid.  Just looking for a reason why I took this oh so important photo.


Step 2:  Crease your strip every 1/4" inch either by hand or with a scoring tool.  I love my Martha Stewart scoring board.  They can be found locally at Michael's and Ben Franklin's for about $20.  Veeeery much worth it my book!  If you don't have a scoring tool, no biggie, just fold your paper mountain and valley style by hand making sure you make nice crisp folds. 


Step 3: If you haven't folded your paper, fold it mountain/valley style now.  You will now have an accordion folded strip now.

Step 4:  Using a strong adhesive, glue your ends together to form a circle.  I used my hot glue gun since it was handy, but I also like Scor Tape.  Who am I kidding.  I LOVE Scor Tape!!  (FYI, Kathy sells it on her blog.  Woot!)


Step 5: Here's the tricky part.  Push your circle inwards to flatten out the paper into a pleated circle.  Glue strong glue to one of your circles and press into the center and hold it there until the glue dries.  I always use hot glue since it's quick and easy.  Just don't burn yourself.  Ouch! 


Step 6:  Glue a circle onto the top, embellish and voila! All done!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails