11.07.2011

Christmas Advent Calendar Ideas

As much as I don't like to admit it, it's that time of year to start thinking about making an advent calendar.  This year, I'm digging:

Pottery Barn inspired ornament countdown.  This is the one that I'm hoping to recreate this year.
source
Little presents all displayed sweetly in a box.
source unknown
Unwrapping and reading a Christmas book each night.  I've been collecting vintage Golden Books Christmas books all year.  I don't have enough for every night yet.  I hope to find a few more to finish up the books.  I also want to add a scripture to each night.  Here is a great source for a list of scriptures and questions to ask.

source
Simple bags that have a little ornament you move along each day. 
source
Love the little gnome and the red and linen color scheme of this one.
source
A simple DIY envelope display that you can list some Christmas activties in. 
source

Prettied up paper cones strung on holiday lights. 
source


So many ideas and not enough time or space!  I hope to chose a new one to make this year to add to the book tradition that I've been working towards.  I do have to admit that I'm thankful for the cheap chocolate countdowns that you can buy at the grocery store.  My kids LOVE these!  

So, what about you?  Do you like advents?  Any new ideas?  Check out my advent idea list from 2010 here.

1 comment:

Sharmyn said...

Love Advents. Have a few that we bring out every year. I really loved that gnome one. Can you believe the cross-stitch work on that? I also liked it that there weren't treats for every day, just a few here and there. Love your Christmas story every night. Love it love it and YOU.

Related Posts with Thumbnails