11.11.2011

A Tip

Here's a tip for the day:
When thrifting for Christmas books to do for a Christmas countdown, it's a good idea to write a list of all the books that you have, otherwise, you'll end up with a few duplicates.
I know.  I'm giving you gold today.

I thought I would check out my stash of vintage Golden Books to see how many more books I need and that's when I realized that I had a few duplicates.  I do have a great assortment but I have to laugh at all the duplicates I have.  I've collected:

  • Jingle Bells
  • The Twelve Days of Christmas
  • The Littlest Christmas Elf
  • The Nutcracker
  • Santa's Surprise Book
  • Frosty the Snowman
  • Santa's Toy Shop (2)
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer (2)
  • Twas the Night Before Christmas (4! Including a really cool book that has golden pages)
I thought I was doing great to get at least the 12 books.  Now it looks like I have a little more hunting to do! Today, I'm thankful for thrift stores that have charming vintage Golden Books for me to hunt through.  Sometimes, it's just so fun to do!

*Oh!  Happy Veteran's Day and Happy 11-11-11!  What a day! 

1 comment:

CMN said...

I remember Santa's Toy Shop being one of my FAVORITE Christmas books as a child! Of course, that's the reason I have duplicates of it now, right? Right. (That's my story and I'm sticking too it... )

Related Posts with Thumbnails